Operation Theatre Technology
Diploma in Operation Theatre Technology has been designed to ensure
that the candidate gains adequate expertise to be a part of the surgical team. This diploma prepares the technician to be fully conversant with the functioning of the operation theatre and the surgical procedures undertaken in the OT. They are trained to maintain the OT equipment and instruments, check the infection control practices and status of sterilization of the OT and also ensure its smooth functioning. A trained OT technician is the most important element of the surgical team. The two years diploma program has been structured to provide progressive group learning among the students enrolled through case studies, presentations and group work.
Please download the brochure for taking admission in this course here :
Minimum eligibility is 10+2 from Central or State board with Science Stream
- 2 years Diploma Program Association(IMA),
Value Proposition for Candidate
- Enhanced skills and capabilities as Operation Theatre Technician
- Leadership capabilities to supervise and lead the operation theatre team
- Sound technical knowledge and skills to handle complex OT equipment
- Recognised by Indian Medical Association(IMA).
- Accredited by International Accreditation Organization, USA.
- Course Pedagogy with blended approach and in line with global
- Appropriate interplay of course work and clinical work.
- Classroom lectures and skill lab by subject experts and market leaders.
- On-the-job training in state-of-the-art healthcare facilities.
- State-of Art-Library with latest resources.
- Students encouraged for self-directed learning.
- Guided article review and case presentations.
- Introduction to Operation Theatre Technology
- Basic OT and Anaesthesia Equipment & Drugs
- Post Anaesthesia Care Unit(PACU)
- Inventory Maintenance
- Patient Safety and Quality Assurance
- OT Maintenance
- Medical Law and Bio-ethics
Who Can Join?
- Quality Executives
- Nursing Professionals
- Para-medical Staff/Secretarial Staff in Hospitals
- Medical Records Assistant
- Assistant Medical Records Technician
- Executives from Health Insurance companies
- IT Companies dealing with Medical records and coding
At the end of the program the student will be awarded with Diploma from Indian Medical Association and Joint Certification from Astron Institute of Social Sciences and International Accreditation Organization, USA.