Medical Records Management
Medical Records and Health Information Management Technician (MRHIT) is the art and science of managing all information related to the medical records of a Healthcare Facility. This includes filing and storing patient charts, scanning medical records, ensuring adherence to regulations and retention schedules, and managing the destruction of medical records after their retention period. This certificate course has been specially tailored for skill enhancement of personnel providing medical record services and for personnel opting to take up medical records management as a carrer in the field of healthcare.
Please download the brochure for taking admission in this course here
10+2(Science Stream) 9 months Certificate
- 10+2(Any Stream) 2 Year Diploma
- 9 months Certificate Program
- 2 years Diploma Program
Value Proposition for Candidate
- Academic excellence and enhanced skills in the field of Blood Banking.
- High level of interpersonal skills and communication skills.
- Leadership capabilities to supervise and lead blood bank team.
- Sound technical knowledge and skill to handle
sophisticated blood bank equipment.
- Program Pedagogy with blended approach and in line with global practices
- Appropriate interplay of course work and clinical work
- Classroom lectures and skill lab by subject experts and market leaders
- On-the-job training in state-of-the-art healthcare facilities.
- State-of Art-Library with latest resources
- Students encouraged for self-directed learning
- Guided article review and case presentations
- Introduction, Values, Purposes and Uses of Medical Records.
- Documentation of Records (Indexes / Registers).
- Birth, Death, Registration and Correction in Record.
- Medical Ethics and Legal Aspects of Medical Records.
- International Classification of Diseases (ICD-10) and Related Health Problems.
- Medical Coding.
- Electronic Medical Record/ Hospital Information System.
- Contents and Components of Medical Record.
- Numbering, Filing and Retrieval of Medical Records.
- Retention, Preservation and Destruction of Medical Records.
- Medico-Legal Cases.
- Hospital Statistics.
- Case Studies.
Who Can Join?
- Quality Executives
- Nursing Professionals
- Para-medical Staff/Secretarial Staff in Hospitals
- Medical Records Assistant
- Assistant Medical Records Technician
- Executives from Health Insurance companies
- IT Companies dealing with Medical records and coding
At the end of the program the student will be awarded with
2 Years Diploma Program - Indian Medical Association and Joint Certification from Astron Institute of Social Sciences and International Accreditation Organization, USA.
9 months Certificate Program -Healthcare Sector Skill council,Govt of India and Joint Certification from Astron Institute of Social Sciences and International Accreditation Organization, USA.