Certificate Course on Medical Law and Bioethics
Medical laws & Bioethics is a fascinating field of study in the 21st century as advances in medical research and new technologies shift the boundaries of medicine.
New health issues are emerging and patients are increasingly becoming aware of their rights. Legal issues are increasingly taking centre stage. New and complex medico-legal dilemmas are arising in clinical practice, in the realities of human health, and in the relationship between patients and health care professionals.
The certificate course in Medical Laws and Ethics at AISS is positioned at the constantly changing interface between medicine and law.
Please download the brochure for taking admission in this course here :
- Medical, Legal & Management Professionals or students from these streams
- No age bar
- Basic knowledge of computer
- Course Pedagogy (in line with global practices):Differentiator - 50% theory and 50% application based teaching
- Collaborative learning through Webinars, Virtual Classrooms, E-Group Work, Online discussion forum. White Board, Blog sessions by faculty
- Reference subject content through E - library.
- Each term culminating into a qualifying assignment.
- Credits based teaching outcomes for global application.
- Introduction to Medical Laws and Bioethics
- Legal Defences available to Medical Practitioners
- Ethical Standards in Medical Practice
- Medical Laws & the Hospital Administrator (MLHA)
- Consumer Protection Act, 1986(CPA)
- Handling Medical Litigations (ML)
- MLC & the Medical Practitioner (MLC)
- Landmark Judgments on Medical Negligence (LMJ)
Highlights of the contact program
- Power point presentations
- Teaching Aids
- Moot Court
- Group work
- Case studies
- Q and A Sessions
- Experience sharing by Experts
Who Can Join?
- Ethics Committees and IRB members in research organizations and CROs
- Hospital Leaders
- Administrative officers
- MHA professionals
- Legal executives in hospitals
- Hospital managers
- Quality assurance Officers
- Nursing Heads
- Clinical Research Executives
- Professionals wanting to pursue a legal career in hospitals/ Health care settings.
Successful candidates will be awarded a joint certificate by Astron Institute of Social Sciences & International Accreditation Organization, USA.