Blood Bank Technology
To meet the burgeoning shortage of qualified and trained Blood Bank Technicians in India, AISS has conceptualized a Program in Blood Bank Technology. The Certificate programme is based on the guidelines and standards of Healthcare Sector Skill Council and the Diploma Programme is based on the guidelines and standards of Indian Medical Association. The program is designed to enhance skills and assist the candidates to identify blood types and antibodies, test blood for bacteria & viruses, identify response of body to blood transfusion and supervise the collection, separation, delivery and storage of blood components. Certificate program in Blood Bank Technology is a 9 months full-time program and Diploma program is 2 years full-time program. The program has a blended approach encompassing both theory and clinical aspects and offers live classroom sessions, skill Lab on-the-job training and internship.
Please download the brochure for taking admission in this course here :
- Minimum eligibility is 10+2 from Central or State board with Science Stream and with minimum Second Division or Level 3 Phlebotomy with experience of minimum three years in the laboratory set-up.
- 9 months Certificate Program
- 2 years Diploma Program
Value Proposition for Candidate
- Academic excellence and enhanced skills in the field of Blood Banking.
- High level of interpersonal skills and communication skills.
- Leadership capabilities to supervise and lead blood bank team.
- Sound technical knowledge and skill to handle
sophisticated blood bank equipment.
- Program Pedagogy with blended approach and in line with global practices
- Appropriate interplay of course work and clinical work
- Classroom lectures and skill lab by subject experts and market leaders
- On-the-job training in state-of-the-art healthcare facilities.
- State-of Art-Library with latest resources
- Students encouraged for self-directed learning
- Guided article review and case presentations
- Basics of Immunohematology
- Blood Group System (Major and Minor)
- Blood Group Discrepancies
- Compatibility Testing
- Legal Aspects of Blood Banking and Blood Group incompatibility
- Special Situations for transfusion
- Blood Donation Policies
- Blood Collection Policies
- Pre-transfusion Screening of Blood
- Quality Management System
- State/blood bank specific Requirement
At the end of the program the student will be awarded with
2 Years Diploma Program - Indian Medical Association and Joint Certification from Astron Institute of Social Sciences and International Accreditation Organization, USA.
9 months Certificate Program -Healthcare Sector Skill council,Govt of India and Joint Certification from Astron Institute of Social Sciences and International Accreditation Organization, USA.